It’s almost here. In just a few days, PSX 2015 (aka PlayStation Experience) will descend upon San Francisco this Saturday and Sunday, December 5 – 6. And you know what that means – Capcom is going to be there with all the latest for PlayStation consoles, cool products at the Capcom Store, and a little something called the Capcom Cup, where the 32 best Ultra Street Fighter IV players in the world will take a crack at being this year’s champion – vying for a prize pool of $250,000! Do you want to see what our line-up for the event is? Shoryuken!
Capcom Booth #1040 – Games and Activities:
- Street Fighter V – Perfectly complimenting this year’s Capcom Cup, Street Fighter V will be playable on PS4 at the Capcom booth. Get hands-on time with all of the characters announced thus far, including Dhalsim, Karin, Rashid, Laura and 11 other fighters. We’ll have tournaments at 12 PM and 3 PM both days at the booth. Winners will score an exclusive Street Fighter V faceplate for their PS4! Sign-ups start at 10 AM each day when the show opens, so if you want to get in on the tournament action, make sure to be there early. Do you have what it takes to rise up against other show-goers? Street Fighter executive producer, Yoshinori Ono, will be signing free posters at the booth from 2 to 3 PM on both Saturday and Sunday, So be sure to swing by!
- Umbrella Corps – Join us for some competitive matches on PS4 in this fast- paced third-person shooter set in themed Resident Evil environments. You’ll be able to compete in 3-on-3 high-intensity, close-quarter matches, with a wide arsenal of weapons and tools at your disposal, including the melee Brainer axe weapon, the Zombie Jammer, and more! We’ll have a 16-team tournament at 3 PM both days, with all players on the winning team receiving a PS4 console bundle. Sign-ups start at 10 AM, so get there early!
- Resident Evil 0 – Experience the events that happened leading up to the iconic Mansion incident with a demo of the beautifully remastered version of Resident Evil 0 on PS4 (also coming to PS3). Guide S.T.A.R.S. medic Rebecca Chambers and military convict Billy Coen through a crazy train filled with strange horrors.
- Mega Man Legacy Collection – All six of the original 8-bit Mega Man games are represented in this collection of the Blue Bomber’s adventures. Jump and, yes, shoot your way through an army of robots gone wild, test your mettle against more than 50 remixed challenge stages, then relax with a massive gallery of concept sketches, production art, and more. PlayStation 4 fans can grab the game digitally now for $14.99, or hold out for the physical release coming Feb 23, 2016.
The Capcom Cup will be open to all PSX attendees at the Moscone Center on December 6. For those of you tuning in from home, the Capcom Pro Tour site will have two streams available so that you won’t miss a single match. You can use the following schedule to figure out when to catch the action, either in person or on the streams (all times are PST):
Sunday, December 6:
- 10:00 AM – Opening Ceremony
- 10:30 AM – Round 1 and 2
- 2:00 PM – Analyst Desk
- 2:30 PM – Top 16 to Top 8
- 5:30 PM – Analyst Desk / Break
- 6:30 PM – Top 8
- 9:30 PM – Closing / Awards Ceremony
You can find even more details on what to expect here. Get hype!
We’ll have all the latest swag from the Capcom Store, including some extra rare and exclusive items that you might not find anywhere else. Peruse these pleasant persuasive pictures depicting products to purchase:
MadCatz PS4 T.E. 2 Fight Stick – $230
These PS4 T.E. 2 fight sticks with a stylish Chun-Li design are sure to sell out faster than you can say “kikoken,” so make sure you grab one before they’re gone!
Ryu and Ken New Challenger Statues – $100 Each
Here comes a new challenger! Pick up a Ryu or Ken figure (or both!) performing their signature moves, with stages to match.
Ryu Plush Gloves – $25
No need to ponder your fist with this pair of plush gloves. All you’ll need is a matching belt, a headband, a gi, and a never-ending quest for the answer.
We’ll also have some old favorites, available at newly discounted prices:
Melynx Giant Pillow – $75
The iconic Melynx from Monster Hunter, embiggened. Standing at over three feet tall, you’ll never hunt alone with this plush pal around.
Ryu and Evil Ryu Statues – $70
Standing at over 10” tall, this statue stands out from other renditions of Ryu with a USB-powered hadoken and 4-way spotlights.
Mega Man 5-Pack Mini Helmet Set – $20
A pack of five miniature Mega Man helmets, representing just a few of the many colors the (mostly) Blue Bomber has taken on over the years.
Felyne and Melynx Hats – $5
Keep your head warm with a Felyne or Melynx cap, perfect for cosplay or a hunter’s night out.
Felyne and Melynx Hat-Scarves – $5
The Felyne and Melynx caps, enscarfened.
See you there!