How’s it going everyone? I wanted to fill you guys in today on the details of the patch I announced a while ago. We’ve been working on it for a while and it’s getting ready to be released in the next few weeks. Which means, we have a confirmed list of the issues that we were able to fix in a patch.
Please keep in mind, there are technical limitations to what a patch can fix, so we fixed as many as we could given these limitations. I know many users requested patching Akuma, but we didn’t touch any balancing this time. This is mainly because I think the jury is still out on him. Sure, he’s pretty powerful, but I don’t think it’s been 100% proven yet that he’s unbalanced. I’m not saying that he’s definitely balanced, but before we start tinkering with the balance, we want to make sure we’re making the right move.
A big thanks to all you guys that were diligent in reporting the bugs that they encountered. Also, a big shot out goes to “The Furious One” who was a big help in compiling bugs and especially to “zerojay” who took his testing experience and actually created a bug data base to help organize the bugs.
Without further ado, here are issues that the patch fixes:
- After a number of games, the HUD will be corrupt. Yellow lifebars will freeze, the round counter flags will all be on, and the names will show more than one name. (Both)
- Frequent disconnects during VS transition screen. Often caused by selecting START color of character. (Both)
- Title crashes if user has a large friends list and tries to access the friends list (PS3)
- Rating being set to “0” and from then on, rating remains at “0”. Once that patch goes live, we’ll reset all leaderboards/scoreboards. (Both)
- Vega sometimes causing desyncing, especially when using the fake wall dive. (Both).
- Lobby list containing full rooms instead of only rooms that users can enter. (Both).
- Zangief Super Motion not working on both sides and in both directions.
- During the start of the match, there is slight slowdown. This has been minimized as much as possible. (PS3).
- If connecting to a ranked match through the quick match function, it is best out of 3 rather than best out of 5. It should always be best out of 5.(Both)
- Sending messages via XMB during a game causes a freeze. (PS3)
- Players not added to “Players Met” list. (PS3)
- Analog and D-pad can accept input at the same time. (Both)
- Player stats not reporting correctly.